News | July 2022
Invesco and Westport Properties Acquire Eight Self Storage Properties
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA JULY 2022 – Invesco, in partnership with Westport, announced that it has acquired eight self-storage properties encompassing 3,844 units in 4 separate transactions in Clarksville (Tennessee), Bend (Oregon), Raleigh-Durham (North Carolina), and Winston Salem (North Carolina). The partnership will rebrand the properties under the US Storage Centers brand with Westport Properties serving as the operator.
- Clarksville, Tennessee: 471 units located at 4351 Guthrie Highway
- Clarksville, Tennessee: 505 units located at 1280 Parkway Place
- Clarksville, Tennessee: 371 units located at 117 Old Excell Road
- Raleigh, North Carolina: 686 units and 52 parking spaces located at 6401 Town Center Drive
- Durham, North Carolina: 646 units located at 112 W Seminary Avenue
- Bend, Oregon: 550 units located at 202030 Powers Road
- Bend, Oregon: 124 units located at 3 45 Cleveland Avenue
- Winston Salem: 491 units located at 3975 University Parkway
Invesco and Westport represented themselves in the acquisition.
About US Storage Centers
Founded in 1985, Westport Properties (“WPI”) is an owner-operator of self-storage, multifamily, and industrial properties across the United States. The Company is a fully integrated operator that develops, acquires, and manages its portfolio as well as provides third-party management services. As of January 2022, WPI has approximately 12 million square feet of self-storage space under management and its total assets under management are approaching $2.5 billion with its US Storage Centers brand as well as over 750 multifamily units in two states while employing over 600 people nationwide. WPI is a founding partner of the 501(c)3 Kure-It, a non-profit organization that raises money for underfunded cancer research, and Charity Storage, a 501(c)3 that uses vacant storage units to raise money for local charities. To date, Kure-It has raised over $12M and Charity Storage has raised over $500K.